Looking to make a difference in people’s lives? You now have the opportunity to achieve those aspiration at the Rockgarden Homecare Agency. We are committed to delivering high quality services and building a safe haven for our esteemed clients.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional and highly skilled professionals to join our team. We have the following vacancies available for full employment.
As a CAREGIVER, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors / juniors to remain in their homes.
These services generally fall under three categories:
• Home Helper
• Personal Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual.
• Providing companionship and conversation
• Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
• Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
• Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
• Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation.
• Performing light housekeeping tasks or educational tasks
• Washing and ironing laundry
• Running errands
• Accompanying clients to appointments
• Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living.
• Assisting with bathing
• Assisting with grooming
• Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
• Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
• Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
• Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
• Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
• An individual must possess the minimum education, experience and skills to perform the primary and secondary responsibilities the job requirements.
• Work experience in a similar role
Additional qualifications include:
• Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
• Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
• Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
• Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
• Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
• Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations.
Rockgarden Homecare Agency is rapidly expanding and we are hiring licensed Nurses immediately. He/she will work with patients of all ages and backgrounds who require daily care in their homes. Most of our patients are elderly and/or terminally ill, so we hire the most compassionate and thoughtful talents in the field. You will be responsible for managing a heavy case load, so time management skills are essential. However, it is important to provide each patient with the time and attention necessary to meet his or her needs. If you enjoy working one-on-one with patients outside of a clinical setting, submit your resume.
Nurse responsibilities and duties:
• Assess patients’ condition during shifts and chart your observations.
• Perform evaluation tasks, including vital signs and medication review.
• Administer medication as prescribed by the patient’s Physician.
• Dress or redress open wounds and assess progress of healing.
• Educate patients and their families on proper home health care strategies and procedures.
• Coordinate with Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physicians and anyone else involved in the patient’s care plan.
• Provide palliative care as needed to keep the patient comfortable.
• Listen to the patient and respond to concerns or requests.
Nurse qualifications and skills:
• Registered nurse license required.
• 1 or 2+ years’ experience in in-home or palliative care maybe required.
• Excellent communication and time-management skills.
• Compassionate and friendly demeanor.
• Willingness and Ability to travel to multiple patients per day.
• Provision of physical therapy services to clients in the comfort of their homes.
• Creating a standardized disability assessment and formulating an appropriate treatment plan.
• Helping clients to meet their functional goals in the comfort of their homes.
• He/she will provide continuous in-home/domiciliary physiotherapy services to meet clients’ functional needs.
• BscPT, BPT, BMR or similar relevant qualifications.
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a physiotherapist in the health care industry.
• Full registration and affiliation with relevant professional bodies.
• Knowledge and experience of caring for elders.
• Ability to work in complex environments with multiple tasks and intense pressure to perform.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in both written and spoken information.
• Knowledge of more than one Nigerian language will be an added advantage.
• A flexible and highly adaptable approach to work.
• Superior patient/customer service ethics and bedside manners.
• Ability to write and submit client’s progress reports as at when due.
Doctors have knowledge of a broad range of illnesses, and diagnose and treat patients of all ages.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Patient consultations at home and within the hospital.
• Physical examinations.
• Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses/ailments.
• Will oversee and coordinate activities of other health professionals e.g. Physiotherapists and nurses etc.
• Health education.
• Practice management and administration.
• Liaising with other healthcare professionals and/or hospitals.
Key skills for general practitioners:
• Ability to work long hours, often under pressure.
• Willingness to administer medical care to clients in their own homes.
• Good practical skills.
• Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner.
• Ability to solve problems and effective decision-making skills.
• Drive to continue learning throughout career.
• Business management skills.
• Attention to detail.